Board of Directors
What you should know about BARHD’s Board:
- We serve without pay.
- We contribute over 30% of all donations made to BARHD.
- We are in daily contact with our Ugandan-based staff.
WE PAY ALL OF BARHD’S ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS
What does this mean to you as a donor?
- 100% of your donation is used to provide education and health care services to the people of southwest Uganda.
- Your donation is spent wisely due to BARHD’s frequent supervisory trips to Uganda and insistence on accountability.
- BARHD’s Board is committed to making its programs a success.
Amy is a former teacher who made her first trip to Uganda in 2007. She joined the board after that trip and became President in 2010. In 2013, Amy was named a Paul Harris Fellow from Rotary International in appreciation of tangible and significant assistance given for the furtherance of better understanding and friendly relations among peoples of the world.
Jo Ann is a former high school math teacher and bookkeeper for her husband Joe’s engineering company. She has been involved with BARHD from the start, traveling first to Uganda with her daughter in 2006. After that trip, she became Education Program Coordinator, and she and Joe have returned to Uganda every year since. They expanded the education program to include university sponsorship in 2009.
John made his first trip to Uganda with BARHD in 2008 and has been actively engaged since. In addition to his duties as Secretary, John’s responsibilities include financial review and auditing. He is also editor of the monthly newsletter. John is a retired computer services executive with international business experience.
Joe Parsons, Co-Founder and Manager of Accounting
Joe, along with Tom Wilson and Steve Heath, founded BARHD in 2006. His duties include accounting and budget control as well as media development. Joe’s primary interests lie in education with particular involvement in the sponsorship of university students. He is a retired Petroleum Engineer.